I have recently been contemplating a number of areas of my life in which I feel need addressing/direction. Becoming overwhelmed by this and not wishing to end up procrastinating I have decided to share my initial to-do list and to help gain clarity on how I want to move forward. I have also been reminding myself;
- Become healthier (and all the associated benefits that brings, more energy, clear skin and weight loss)
- Work harder on my blog! Develop my pages, blogroll and make 2-3 posts per week consistently!
- Get organised (this is something which I fool myself that I am – but I actually need to get sorted)
- Get capsule wardrobe nailed & fit into the 1/2 of my wardrobe which has become too small!
- Make my 30 before 30 list! I will have 1 year to complete, what a good motivator
- I am developing a blog for my work which I need to get underway ASAP!
- Identify my 10 year goal and how I can progress towards this
I was lucky to be at one of Ken Robinsons Lectures recently and I cannot recommend enough that you check out this book or watch one of his talks online. His talk on TED has had over 10 million hits! It is truly inspirational and thought provoking.
I picked up this book in an airport bookshop recently. It is also available on amazon. It has very useful information on addressing your fears, benefits of writing a journal and how to set effective goals. Read my review here.
Another inspirational talk I watched recently is Randy Pausch Last Lecture
So as you can see I’ve been really working to get myself geared up to start work on my To-do’s – reading books, watching videos and I think its finally time to make a start on it!
So here’s blog post numero uno of the week! The rest of the weeks will be all on the same topic and how I’m progressing. Whenever I find myself getting tangled up in life there are two things necessary
#1. Step back and breathe (but not for too long & this is key!) Reassess where you are at and where you are going. How are you going to get there?
#2. MAKE A START! Do something small every day to help progress towards your goal.
I used this image in a previous post How to be happy - I love it. It is so true. Don’t let time pass you by – seize the moment.
How do you set goals/organise your life?